Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fine Motor - A Bottle and Clothes Pegs


It doesn't get any easier than this - and the boys love it. Dew2 more than Dew1, but it has held both of their attention for lengths of time.

I'm not sure where I first saw this idea. Possibly on a blog somewhere (if it was you, please let me know so I can give credit where due!) It might have been in a book.

But it's easy. A 2 Liter soda bottle. A knife or scissors to cut a window in the side towards the bottom. Some masking tape to make it safe. Some clothes pegs.



Ok, at this point, you can make it pretty, if you like. I have a motto in my home and in my life ...

Done is better than Perfect.

If I wait until I can make it perfect, it will never get done. And the boys don't give a hoot how pretty it is.

They love to drop the pegs in the top, reach in and pull them out, put them in the side, line them up side by side or end to end ... chew on them *hee hee*. And, of course, it's easier to put them in 'head' side down, but Dew2 likes the challenge of putting the split end in first.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment