Thursday, October 22, 2009

Language - My Pictures


Dew1 loves to look at "pictures" and more recently, his "books".

His pictures involve anything that has interesting images on them, mostly the cover sleeves to a DVD, inserts from toys (the Thomas the Train mini catalogues that are inside the trains are favourites), postcards, maps ... anything. I tend to laminate them so they'll last (well, after he ate the Thomas the Train Yearbook ...)

His books are mostly catalogues. He loves to pour over catalogues of things and discover all they hold. We have learned so many new words in describing what he finds in there. I ordered some seed catalogues, so we are becoming very familiar with just about every fruit and vegetable known to man, as well as many flowers.

But they always ended up everywhere.

And then I remembered this denim pocket I bought at Old Navy a million years ago, in my single days when I spent Sundays shopping in the city, and perusing the Old Navy General Store to see what neat new things they had. I love it when I find a new use for something like this ... it gets it out of a box and makes it useful again. What's really annoying is when I think of a use for something that I purged in one of our many recent moves.

But I digress.

I grabbed a 3M Command hook and hung the pocket at kid height on the wall leading into our kitchen. Now, it's easily accessible to him, he knows where his pictures or books are, and it makes clean up really easy. I add new pictures and books as I see fit, and toss the old ones as they get shredded (the 'books' are great this way - there is never a shortage of mail order catalogues on our doorstep.)

Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment