Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Where have we been? What's up?

Wow!  Time certainly has flown by since my last post!  I can't believe it's September already.

Well, here's the story.

When I started this blog last fall, I had all hopes and intentions of blogging regularly, tot schooling my two little ones, and being a normal family.  We were well on our way in the first few weeks of September, getting into a nice routine of preschool, tot school, Early Intervention Therapy, the gym ... it was all good.

And then DH (Dear Husband) came home early one afternoon and our entire lives changed.  He had been let go at work.

This led to a 6-month unemployment stretch during which our family has been to he!! and back and made a lot of life changes.  The first of which is that we decided that I would go back to work and he would stay home with the kids.  I am a Librarian (Administrator, actually) and he is in the restaurant business, so we decided that my career was more stable at the moment than his, considering the economy.  The second major change is that we moved from the US to Canada.  I'm from Canada so it was a move home for me, but after 13 years of being in the states, and finally settling in down near DH's hometown, I never dreamed that our life path would bring us here.  We are now closer to my parents, the Dews are in love with their grandparents, Dew2 has started preschool and Dew1 has started junior kindergarten.

So needless to say, when my life when into survival mode, blogging fell to the wayside.

But we have been working on activities and I can't wait to start posting them again.  And filling in on the challenges that we are facing here in Canada (like a 4 year wait for Early Intervention therapy.  sigh.)

Oh - not to forget that the youngest got tubes in his ears in April so he can hear again (we think!).

Thanks for sticking around.  Hopefully I will be able to make it worth your while.

No comments:

Post a Comment