Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Our Story: The Local Thrift Shop

I just recently discovered my local thrift shop.  I can't believe it took me over 2 years to venture in to it (I spent at least a year telling myself and DaddyDew "I really want to go in and check that place out - I hear good things about it" every time we drove by.)  But I'm really grateful that I did go in finally.  It's addictive.  You just want to stalk the toy aisles constantly, and inevitably, like today, you'll see someone in line ahead of you with something that you wish you'd seen first, regardless of how excited you are about your find.

It's run by the Mennonites.  It supports all sorts of wonderful causes.  The toys are carefully examined and inspected - the boxes are taped shut to indicate (and ensure) that all pieces are inside.  Anything electronic has an "It Works!" sticker on it.  Everything is clean. 

And every time I have gone in, I have found a great find.  Something perfect for the Dews developmentally speaking.  And while I want to share them with you so you can keep your eyes out for otherwise innocent appearing items in your thrift shop, I apologize for sharing something that is not readily available.  I hate it when other blogs to that to me, but at the same time, it has opened my eyes to things I wouldn't have looked at otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment