Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sensory: Pillow Pal fun

My SIL gave the Dews Pillow Pals for Dew1's birthday.  A Puppy for Dew1 and a Tiger for Dew2.  They love them, needless to say, and they are in bed every night.  Dew1 sleeps on top of it, like an actual pillow, and Dew2 rolls around with it.

Disclaimer:  I sneak in every night after they fall asleep and take them away as they are super soft and have rather deepish plush.  I don't want either of them to end up face down in one, or have it entirely cover their heads / faces.  I know that they are old enough to turn away from it to breathe, but why tempt fate?

But here's the interesting thing.  I never considered the Pillow Pal to be a great Sensory tool.  But Dew1 loves his Pillow Pal, and last night I realized what the deal was.  He's soft.  He's squishy,  and He's very sensory.  I never expected this!  He is a wonderfully soft and furry that he's a sensory activity on the go - and not terribly expensive, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment